Monday, January 26, 2009

Cheap Bats

Lo and behold, Brendan "NEEDS" a new bat. Again. Although I just bought him one about 8 months ago. Why? Because that was a 2008 bat and he NEEDS a 2009 bat. And, and I 'd never tell him this outloud, he really has outgrown the bat from last year since he grew another 3 or 4 inches since I bought it. And short bats, on tall kids, they really don't work.

So I found this website. www.cheapbats.com. Bats are not cheap. Not the 2009 versions anyway. Wait. No. Not the NAME BRAND 2009 versions. More particularly, not THIS 2009 version: http://www.cheapbats.com/shop/2009-demarini-cf3-baseball-bat-youth-league-dxcfl-11oz-p-1064-c-99_100.html

But MOM, it's "ON SALE" for ONLY $249!

So I made a deal with him. If he could sell his $249 bat that I bought him 8 months ago for at least $125 to one of the smaller kids on the team then I would buy him the new bat....with the help of doing dishes, and laundry, and his homework.

We'll see how that goes.

No comments: